Michael is a production designer and filmmaker whose most recent design credits include THE LONER (TriBeCa 2016), RESULTS (Sundance 2015, starring Guy Pearce & Cobie Smulders), LOST IN THE SUN (starring Josh Duhamel), Andrew Bujalski’s Sundance-winning COMPUTER CHESS, and Robbie Pickering’s NATURAL SELECTION, winner of the 2011 SXSW Grand Jury Prize.
Additionally, Michael is the Founder and Chief Innovator of PEOPLE FOR URBAN PROGRESS (peopleup.org), an Indianapolis-based non-profit and urban design do-tank. Through PUP, Michael served as the Steering Committee Co-Chair of Indy Rezone, the city's first zoning ordinance update since the 1970s. In addition to being featured in DWELL MAGAZINE, Michael has presented PUP's work at DesignBoom in New York, Brightworks Innovation Day in Toronto, and Creative Mornings in Indianapolis.
Michael earned his Master in Architecture from the University of Texas at Austin, where he taught production design at the University of Texas Film Institute. He has also worked as a Visiting Assistant Professor of Art at Wabash College. He splits his time between Indianapolis, Austin, and Los Angeles.
Abbreviated Production Design Resume // IMDB
FEATURES + TV
- OVERANALYZERS (2015), pilot, Bryan Poyser, dir. (COMEDY CENTRAL)
- THE LONER (2015), feature, Daniel Grove, dir. (TRIBECA)
- LORDS OF MAGIC (2015), pilot proof-of-concept, Michael Morrissey, dir.
- RESULTS (2015), feature, Andrew Bujalski, dir. (SUNDANCE)
- LOST IN THE SUN (2015), feature, Trey Nelson, dir.
- WALTER (2014), feature, Anna Mastro, dir. (PALM SPRINGS)
- BENEATH THE HARVEST SKY (2014), feature, Aron Gaudet & Gita Pullapilly, dirs. (TIFF)
- COMPUTER CHESS (2013), feature, Andrew Bujalski, dir. (SUNDANCE)
- NATURAL SELECTION (2011), feature, Robbie Pickering, dir. (SXSW)
- PAPA JOHN'S (2016), national commercial, SUPPLY+DEMAND.
- GATORADE (2015), national commercial (as Art Director), HUNGRYMAN.
- AT&T "Stronger" (2015), national commercial, CAVIAR.